Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thoughts













Here are a couple of my favorite wedding pictures, it was such a blessing to have a photographer who knew exactly what we wanted. (Rachel, if you want the link to our wedding pics let me know)
I love being married. I love having a house to look after, a garden to tend and of course a husband to care for :)
As I look back over the last year, I can see so many blessings. Last October I got engaged and my life has changed dramatically since(for the good), I've had to grow up alot, take on responsibility that I've never known before. I had no idea what it was like to be married, would I be any good at it? I did know one thing, I knew that the Lord brought Joe(y) and I together and it was up to us to make this marriage work, to sacrifice our own wants and desires and place the other person above ourselves. I knew it was my job to be a help-meet and support to my husband. I don't want to be anything less then a good wife to him. I am so thankful that my mom was such a good example to me, she is truly a virtuous wife.
I know people are probably thinking, well she's a newlywed- that will probably change, give her a couple year. I pray to God it doesn't. I want to have a successful marriage, I want it to bring glory to God, I want our kids to feel secure and know that their parents actually love eachother. It'll take alot of work, but I sincerely want to make it happen.
I know this sounds like I'm still on cloud 9(which I am, heh) but there are actually days where I don't like my husband, as there are days when he doesn't like me. I'm realizing I can be a pill to live with. But God bless my Joey he still loves me anyways.
He just likes me for my cooking. :)














1 comment:

My Life in Motion said...

Hey send me the link for the photos and your address so i can sed you disks of the photos I took.

Marriage is a lot of work but more then worth it. It takes loving someone one day at a time even when you are mad. Tell Joe to act like Kevin and when you are mad find away to make you laugh. Laughter is the key to a great marriage. Being able to laugh at yourself and at eachother is very important!

i love and miss you...
Rach